We are recruiting for Support Work (bank staff)
Support Worker – £10.90per hour (Real Living Wage)
Kendal, Carlisle, Barrow, Workington or Whitehaven
This role is for friendly and caring people who like being part of a dedicated team, to ensure clients are well supported and able to access activities and events in the community.
This role does not deliver personal care. It is for companionship to ensure that clients are able to spend time within the deaf community, and can have regular conversations in British Sign Language.
Activities might take place in a care home, a deaf club or the clients house. Sometimes there will be day trips, theatre visits or sports events to go to with the client.
- The role requires BSL level 3 (accredited) or fluent sign language
- It is beneficial to be a car owner and driver
- An understanding of the deaf community and issues affecting people who are hard of hearing is necessary
- There are no fixed hours because the needs of our clients change
- We have a team leader who will contact you to offer you shifts, training and team activities
How To Apply
- If you would like to apply, please email email@example.com to request an information pack (job description and person specification)
- CVs with a covering letter or BSL video applications will be accepted
- This is an open ended recruitment campaign